Here at Mister Casino, we are committed to creating a safe environment for our players to enjoy online casinos. We encourage you to decide when you want to play, how you want to do it, and how much you want to spend.
Even then, we acknowledge that some players find it difficult to control their gambling. If this sounds familiar, this resource page will help you understand how to identify your problem and when to seek help.
Signs you have problem gambling
A lot of players battling gambling addiction do not know they have a problem. Below are possible signs you may be dealing with problem gambling.
- Repeatedly borrowing money from family and friends
- Selling your possessions to raise money
- Hiding your gambling losses from others
- Hiding your gambling activity from others
- Gambling to recover lost money
- Using gambling to cope with stress or escape negative emotions
- Increasing your wagers for the thrill of the chase
- Being irritable or erratic when you are not gambling
- Feeling sad after gambling
- Disregard for personal hygiene and health
- Repeatedly missing work, school, or family engagements to gamble
- Numerous attempts to quit gambling have failed
What can you do?
Overcoming problem gambling is not easy, but it’s doable. First, you have to accept you’re dealing with problem gambling. This requires a lot of courage and strength, especially if you’ve lost money or broken valuable relationships.
The following are some self-help tools and tips you can use to manage your situation.
Learn to handle unpleasant feelings
Whenever feelings of loneliness, boredom, or anxiety set in, try to handle them in healthy ways. For example, you can exercise, take up new hobbies, or practice relaxation techniques.
Create a support network
Reach out to friends and family who do not gamble and ask for help. Be open to their advice and agree to be held accountable.
Join peer support groups
If your support network is limited, try reaching out to gambling support groups like Gamblers Anonymous or Gambling Therapy.
Seek help for mood disorders
If you suffer mood disorders like depression, dysthymia, bipolar disorder, or substance abuse, seek treatment for them as they could be triggering your gambling problems.
Self-Exclusion and Prohibition
Do you gamble compulsively? Try using the self-exclusion technique. Go to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement website https://www.njportal.com/dge/selfexclusion and fill out the self-exclusion form. This will bar you from all forms of internet gaming for a minimum of 1-5 years.
Want to talk to us?
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Mister Casino support team using the following channels.
We are available 24/7 and committed to helping you overcome your gambling addiction.